The Jan De Nul Group has placed orders with Tianjin Xinhe Shipbuilding Heavy Industries Co.Ltd. in Tianjin, China for 8 new vessels:
- One 3700 m3 Splithopper Dredger, similar to the De Bougainville which was delivered in 2006. The design of the dredger is based on the design of the 3700 m3 splitbarges: the vessel is provided with a suction pipe with submerged dredge pump. In comparison
with the De Bougainville, this dredger will additionally be equipped with a self-emptying installation with a 3000 kW shore discharging dredge pump. This hopper dredger will carry the name ?EURoeDe Lapérouse?EUR?.
- Two 3700 m3 Splitbarges. These vessels are of the L?EUR(TM)Aigle class, of which 5 have already been built and delivered by the Shipyard. These two splitbarges will be named ?EURoeAstrolabe?EUR? and ?EURoeBoussole?EUR?.
- Four 1800 m3 Splitbarges. These medium sized barges will be used with the large backhoe dredgers under construction for the Group. The vessels will be self-propelled, and have a ?EURoeDeep Sea?EUR? certificate, enabling worldwide operation in offshore conditions.
- One Backhoe Dredger, with a Backacter 1100 crane. This vessel will be identical to the two backhoes under construction at the De Donge Shipyard in Vlissingen, Holland. With these orders the cooperation between Tianjin Xinhe Shipbuilding Heavy Industries Co.Ltd. and the Jan De Nul Group continues. Since 2003 Xinhe Shipyard has built and delivered 9 vessels (5 splitbarges, 1 splithopper, 2 cutter suction dredgers and 1 workboat). These vessels are now operating succesfully in the Jan De Nul Group fleet.
source: Jan De Nul
- A Thirsty Canal: The Ongoing Struggle with Drought in Panama
The Panama Canal, a monumental engineering feat connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, faces a formidable adversary: drought. As climate change exacerbates water scarcity issues globally, the canal’s reliance on […]
- AI Takes the Helm? How Technology is Changing the Global Shipping Industry
Introduction AI is a type of technology that can learn from data and make predictions. It’s also called machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks. AI has been around for […]